Terms of Supply for U RESIN Epoxy Products
Your Use of this Website and Associated Materials From time to time, it is possible that the information referred to on our website may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors, so it is important that you read any user information and any FAQ provided on our website as well as the information in the labels on our Products.
What these Terms are about
These Terms apply to you if you buy and use any U Resin Epoxy Resin Products. These Terms will be read down to the extent, if any, that they are at odds with Australian Consumer Law or any Australian standards.
About U Resin Epoxy Resins
Our Epoxy Resins are designed for use by people in the art market who want to create objects moulded or made from resin. They should not be used by non-adults (persons under 18 years) without competent supervision and correct safety procedures.
What are U Resin Products made of?
U Resin Products are comprised of chemicals that are potentially corrosive to metals, harmful if swallowed, harmful if in contact with the skin and possibly a cause of allergic skin reactions. They should be stored in a cool, dry and dark environment away from heat and sunlight and not used for any purpose other than the recommended applications.
Epoxy Resins are “Hazardous”
Epoxy Resins are “Hazardous”. If you are involved in the arts or a serious art hobbyist, you no doubt realise that epoxy resins contain potentially harmful chemicals and it is therefore important that they NOT be used by children, pregnant women or unsupervised novices. Provided the Products are used in accordance with the instructions, they are perfectly safe. You should wear clothing that covers your limbs: rubber/Vinyl/Nitrile gloves, and ideally protective goggles and face mask and use the resins in a well-ventilated space where there is less chance of you inhaling any fumes. You should also securely reseal lids immediately after use and store the unused resin in a dry place out of direct light and away from heat to avoid degradation of the Product.
No Specific End-Use Representations
U Resin Epoxy Resins are designed for general use by artists, hobbyists and others who wish to make resin forms of art works following the user instructions. U Resin takes no responsibility for any other use of its Epoxy Resin Products.
This information is of a general nature and is supplied without recommendation of guarantee. Properties shown are typical and do not imply specification tolerances. U Resin cannot accept liability for loss or damage through use. Whilst these technical details are based on expert knowledge, practical experience and laboratory testing, successful application depends upon the nature and conditions in which the products are used which can vary greatly. Users must therefore do their own product testing and evaluation of this product in their own application.
The information contained on our website is generic, and we cannot guarantee, due to demand from time to time, that a particular Product you may wish to purchase is currently in stock. The Products are manufactured in Perth, Western Australia, and batches are produced as quickly as possible and distributed to our warehouse and retailers for supply to customers.
By providing your details to us for purchasing Products or to obtain any information you agree to us sending you relevant U Resin Epoxy Resin information, which may relate to existing or new Products and user tips and the like. If you receive any such communication you can unsubscribe by following the instructions.
Suitability of U Resin Products
Our Products are thoroughly researched and are suitable for use in making epoxy resin products, provided you follow the instructions. We cannot guarantee the suitability or reliability of the Products if you use them other than as directed; such as if, for example, you mix the resins with other things – which you should not do without obtaining expert advice, beforehand.
Limits on U Resin’s Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, U Resin provides its Products to its suppliers and customers on the basis that U Resin will not be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages – including damages arising from loss of use of data, loss of potential profits or otherwise.
Please read all relevant material published by us concerning U Resin Epoxy Resins before purchasing, as we do not provide refunds for incorrect choices, change of mind, or shipping delays. Orders can only be cancelled if payment has not been processed. Orders must be paid in full prior to dispatch. U Resin cannot predict nor control all conditions of use or handling of U Resin Products, and each user must review relevant documentation in the context of the conditions under which they intend to handle and use U Resin Products.
Refund and exchanges are subject to the following criteria:
All goods returned must be in new, unopened condition with all seals intact.
Used, damaged or soiled returns will not be accepted and will be returned at the customer’s expense.
Customers are responsible for freight costs associated with returning goods for refund, credit or exchange (errors excluded).
Nonetheless, U Resin may in its absolute discretion accept the return of Products provided they are unopened and in their original condition and are returned within 7 days of purchase. We will retain a handling charge equal to 20% of the price you paid for the Product less shipping/handling.
You can always return items if they are defective. If you believe your Product is defective we will require written details of the perceived defect as well as relevant photo evidence prior to accepting return of items.
U Resin will try to obtain the best possible freight for your order. If you want items sent to you, we will be obliged to use dedicated courier companies (e.g. TNT or Toll) and that cost will be passed onto you. We cannot guarantee any date for delivery after the order is placed; and orders received after 11:00am on any given day are not guaranteed to be dispatched until the next working day even if that Product is readily available in our stocks. Our carriers will aim to deliver between the hours of 09:00 and 17:00 Mondays to Fridays and you will be asked to sign for the delivery unless you have given us 'Authority to Leave'; and it is your responsibility to inspect the goods at the time of delivery to ensure that they are in an undamaged condition. Should a parcel require re-delivery, additional freight charges will apply. Once a charge for re-delivery is made to us, this cost will be passed on to you.
U Resin will comply with all consumer guarantees required under Australian law, but we are not responsible if:
- You got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper elsewhere, decided you did not like it or decided you did not have a use for it
- You misused a Product
- You knew or were made aware of the limitations of the Product before purchase
- You asked for a supply in a certain way against our advice
U Resin products carry a 12month warranty from date of purchase in accordance with the Australian Consumer Laws.
U Resin reserves the right to change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the Website or any part of it without notice and you confirm that U Resin will not be liable to you for any such change or removal. Changes to the website and these terms and conditions can occur at any time, and your continued use of the website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
Terms of Supply for U RESIN Workshops
By purchasing your workshop ticket you are agreeing to all terms and conditions as described by U RESIN.
PHOTO & VIDEO PERMISSIONS
1. I grant to U RESIN, it’s representatives and employees the right to take photographs and videos of me and any artwork I produce at the workshop. I authorize U RESIN, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically.
I agree that U RESIN may use such photographs and videos of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising and web content.
2. All artworks / projects made during the class are yours to take home at a later date (or same day if it is Alcohol Inks).
If you use any of our moulds or similar to create pieces the mould itself remains the property of U RESIN and only the item created will be provided to you, unless otherwise specified in the booking (i.e. Geometric Casting Workshop - which includes 2 x moulds to keep in the ticket cost).
3. We generally will leave pieces to cure a minimum of 2 days (weather dependent) to ensure they are no longer soft and impressionable before collection. If you do collect earlier, this is at your own risk and if the piece is damaged, scratched or otherwise during this time, U RESIN cannot accept liability.
4. Collection of artworks/projects, once we have notified you can be made MONDAY - THURSDAY between 9:30am - 3:00PM. Unless otherwise arranged (during a night/ weekend class).
Artworks/projects will be held for a maximum of 6 (six) Weeks after notification. If collection during this time has not been arranged or no response has been made to us, the artworks/ projects will be repurposed. Unfortunately we are limited with space, so artworks will need to be moved quickly to ensure we have room for following classes.
HEALTH & SAFETY
5. I agree that I have understood the health and safety instructions and procedures as provided by U RESIN and it's representatives in full. I acknowledge the equipment that is provided and the space of the studio when considering working with resin in future.
6. Epoxy Resins are “Hazardous”. If you are involved in the arts or a serious art hobbyist, you no doubt realise that epoxy resins contain potentially harmful chemicals and it is therefore important that they not be used by children, pregnant women or unsupervised novices. Provided the Products are used in accordance with the instructions they are perfectly safe. You should wear clothing that covers your limbs: rubber/Vinyl/Nitrile gloves, and ideally protective goggles and face mask and use the resins in a well-ventilated space where there is less chance of you inhaling any fumes. You should also securely reseal lids immediately after use and store the unused resin in a dry place out of direct light and away from heat to avoid degradation of the Product.
7. I agree that any damage, loss or theft that may be incurred to personal property brought into a U RESIN Workshop or any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by U RESIN is my full responsibility.
REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS (UPDATED FOR COVID)
8. To provide you with a full refund, we require a minimum of 14 days notice in writing to email@example.com to organise a refund to the original payment method. Tickets purchased through Afterpay are non-refundable, however can be transferred to an alternative date. Whilst we try to be as accomodating as possible, there are many costs involved prior to the workshop including supplies being purchased, catering, venue set up and hiring of staff. If you have less than 14 days to the event then tickets are fully transferable to a friend or family member with written notice via email.
Refunds are only available for our standard classes, and not available for classes where we invite special guests/ collaborations/ or travelling (i.e. Shattered Shapes, Adelaide workshops & Mandurah workshops, etc.)
Refunds will not be possible if you do not attend/miss a workshop you have booked.
If you catch COVID or are required to quarantine - Please email us immediately with notice and we will provide you a credit for a future workshop.
In the instance of a COVID outbreak / lockdown - We will contact you via email to provide a credit for a future date or transfer to the re-scheduled date.
9. We do our best to ensure all classes will go ahead. Unfortunately this is not always the case. We all have bad days and run into some unpredictable circumstances. If a class is cancelled, you will be notified via email and given a credit towards another workshop date. We have a minimum of 3 students to a class, so if we do not meet the minimum we will transfer your tickets to the next available class.
10. Ticket sales close once a class is ‘sold out’ and is marked at capacity of students. Should classes not be booked in advanced ticket sales will be open until two (2) days prior to the event, excluding all events/ workshops when special guests/ collaborating/ or travelling.